IT Systems Administrator
Founded in 2005 with headquarters in Atlanta, GA, Haivision MCS is an industry leader in delivering high-performance visual collaboration solutions for mission-critical environments. Tested and proven in the world’s most demanding environments, Haivision MCS technology is trusted by every branch of the US Armed Services, leading research universities, and Fortune 500 companies. It's parent company Haivision is a leading global provider of mission-critical, real-time video streaming and networking solutions. Founded in 2004, Haivision is headquartered in Montreal and Chicago with offices, sales, and support located throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia
The Systems Administrator is responsible for: i) establishing and maintaining the company’s infrastructure, including PC/Desktops, servers, networks, purchases, ii) for ensuring the functioning of all systems related to IT, and iii) responding to support requests for the company’s internal customers.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrade, and resource optimization as required.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Assist in network planning, operation and troubleshooting.
- Configure, install, and deploy user workstations and laptops.
- Manage and maintain the company's hybrid Azure Active Directory (AAD) environment and Microsoft 365 E5 licenses.Oversee and optimize the organization's SaaS applications, including software deployment, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and support the company's demo environment, ensuring its accessibility for remote workers and smooth performance.
- Collaborate with the Senior Security Analyst to ensure the IT infrastructure adheres to NIST best practices and other relevant cybersecurity standards.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures to promote best practices and ensure system security and data protection.
- Manage and monitor IT-related vendor relationships, including contract negotiation, performance evaluation, and cost control.
- Provide technical support to employees, addressing issues related to hardware, software, and networking in person, or via phone or electronic means.
- Plan and manage IT budgets, ensuring cost-effective allocation of resources.
- Stay informed about current industry trends and technologies to inform decisions about IT infrastructure upgrades and improvements.
- Build and log all help desk interactions in the company’s IT ticketing system.
- Possibility of heavy lifting of servers and equipment, up to around 75 lbs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Systems Administration, preferably in a medium-sized organization.
- Strong understanding of hybrid AAD environments, Microsoft 365 E5 licensing, and SaaS applications.
- Demonstrated experience in managing IT infrastructure according to NIST best practices or similar cybersecurity frameworks.
- Familiarity with remote work technologies and solutions, including VPNs and remote desktop applications.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for hardware, software, and network issues.
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of successfully implementing IT projects.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Vendor management experience, including negotiation, performance evaluation, and cost control.
- Video conferencing and audio experience considered a definite asset.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as Azure or AWS, are a plus.
- Cloud administration certifications are a plus.
Why Work at Haivision MCS?
Haivision is a small, cohesive group that provides exceptional products to a loyal and diverse client base. We’re a group of people who enjoy working together as well as with our awesome technology. We support professional growth and a comfortable work/life balance. Team members enjoy competitive compensation with full benefits, flexible schedules, ergonomic working stations and other perks. Our relaxed but inspiring headquarters is nested in Atlanta’s flourishing Armour Yards, right across the street from SweetWater Brewery and directly adjacent to Fox Brother’s BBQ.
Haivision MCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.